Hello and welcome to the site. Digital Vision Consulting is an independently owned and operated entity that has morphed over the years from an active consulting practice to more of a networking and collaboration vehicle for myself (Jim King). The site reflects both the consulting side of my life as well as diverse industry interests.
This site / blog is primarily a platform for networking and general discussion or sharing of resources, notes and ideas across the technology and healthcare industries, with a mix of other general topics and thoughts. I welcome your comments and conversation, and if you are interested in engaging or conference talks, etc. feel free to reach out using the contact page or linked-in. The resources tab contains re-usable materials and reference information that can be shared or re-used with the ask that when pulling materials from there, please retain any source credits reflected in the material. Most of the general content can be found on the blog – which is also searchable from the sidebar.
Please feel free to check out the site, or read some of the more recent posts. Content note for the posts: many of the posts were migrated from my prior blog, hence the common post date.
- Comparing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL)Introduction Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and deep learning (DL) are terms that are commonly used in the technology industry. While these terms are often used interchangeably, they are not the same thing. Each technology has unique features, advantages, and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will explain the differences between AI, ML, and Continue reading Comparing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL)
- The Best Leaders Have a Contagious Positive EnergyThis post references the HBR article titled “The Best Leaders Have a Contagious Positive Energy” by Emma Seppälä and Kim Cameron. Take a few minutes to read the whole article here, but one of the key takeaways for me in the value of emotional intelligence and empathy, informing your engaged leadership style. We are all Continue reading The Best Leaders Have a Contagious Positive Energy
- Digital Twin – exploring the basicsThe concept of digital twins is not new, but rather built on ideas that have been explored for the last couple of decades. The technology (compute power, data management & analytics, etc..) and thinking (increasing regulatory and community acceptance of digital approaches to science) have finally hit an inflection point that makes in silico modeling Continue reading Digital Twin – exploring the basics
- Books to read: Algorithms to Live ByThis book is a solid read with ideas that apply to decision making across a broad spectrum of areas. The authors are able to make the math and conversation around algorithms map to life in well thought and articulated examples that should open your thinking to new ways to approach problems and opportunities. A few Continue reading Books to read: Algorithms to Live By
- WHY THE PAST 10 YEARS OF AMERICAN LIFE HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY STUPIDI came across this article on Twitter this week and was struck by many of the points. The idea that as we have evolved our social medial platforms, we have empowered the worst of society, and amplified their behaviors has become increasingly evident. Read the original article here: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/ It’s been clear for quite a Continue reading WHY THE PAST 10 YEARS OF AMERICAN LIFE HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY STUPID
- Algorithms for decision making: Free book download from MITMIT press has provided a free book on Algorithms for decision making. You can download it from MIT Press here, or alternatively it is available from this site if the original link fails. From the data science website: The book takes an agent based approachAn agent is an entity that acts based on observations of its environment. Continue reading Algorithms for decision making: Free book download from MIT
- Pistoia Alliance: Patient CentricityThere is an increasing recognition of the value in patient engagement with respect to healthcare in general, as well as the emerging field of personalized / targeted medicine and digital health. The wearable / therapeutic combination, CAR-T therapies, telehealth and so much more fall into this broad category of patient centricity and experience, as well Continue reading Pistoia Alliance: Patient Centricity
- Ontologies as applied to FAIR data(The I in FAIR) Ontologies provide a common structure to bring disparate data together – for this post I will refer to the definition of Ontology from Tom Gruber below – emphasis added by me. Note the last highlighted statement as a critical bit with significant implications in the implementation of systems in support of scientific Continue reading Ontologies as applied to FAIR data